Featured Post

The link to Americ's SoundCloud (It's wonderful to hear his voice)

https://soundcloud.com/americ

Friday, August 10, 2012

SILENT ILLUSION


 I was approached by a new college graduate recently, a very delightful young woman, intelligent with a fairly good work ethic in school. The real world seemed to throw her for a loop. She was expecting something quite different from her degree. Instead, she has an enormous debt, no job, and is looking for answers to her situation. When she was going through high school we use to discuss philosophy, art and life so it was fun to engage with her again on a new level of problem solving.

She spent a long time grappling with the problem of life, its confusion, its salesmanship, its hypocrisy. I found myself nodding in agreement, without any valuable input to her situation. From my viewpoint, many people at many levels were sharing her frustration.

Then all of a sudden she stopped talking, and spent a few moments gazing into her head. I could hear the wheels churning. Then slowly she looked up to me and said, "You know, it might all be an illusion. It could be that I could reconstruct the way I see the world, and maybe devise a new approach!" I was dazed. I nodded my head in agreement, and after she left with a jovial good-bye, I sat and stared at the wall for a long time with Vivaldi playing in the background. I finally sat down and produced my thoughts in the video below. I credit this young woman for her bravery and innovative thought. To me it showed the essence of an enlightened soul.
.

No comments: