Featured Post

The link to Americ's SoundCloud (It's wonderful to hear his voice)

https://soundcloud.com/americ

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our work is to awaken

Our work, our labor, is to awaken to our true nature which was forgotten due to false identification with the content of consciousness.

The theory and practice of meditation help us again realize (make real) our true nature. When I speak, write or listen to these words, I am in the realm of theory; when I take in the meaning of these words, I inform and transform myself along the path of self realization.

It’s very, very important to remember that words are not what they refer to. “The map is not the territory.” Speaking or writing about meditation is not meditation. Meditation is in the gaps between the words, between the thoughts. But the word “gap” is not the same as a gap itself as-it-is. Get past the word – allow the great silence to come. At the point of great silence is the great labor of liberation.

No comments: