Featured Post

The link to Americ's SoundCloud (It's wonderful to hear his voice)

https://soundcloud.com/americ

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Canopy

It's been so long since I returned home.

I lost myself entirely the past few months. I avoided who I truly was and wandered down a deep path into the dark forest of life. There were rays of light in the forest's canopy but instead of following them out of the forest, I followed the dried stream of a once nurturing river. Why did I choose this path when I knew it wouldn't support my journey? It was easier to let go of my true self instead of letting go of my ego. The ego is manipulative and promises us peace if we follow it blindly. I desperately wanted peace and decided to choose what was easiest. It asked me to avoid the light shining through its canopy so I couldn't find my true self again; so I couldn't find my way home. Regretfully, I agreed to follow my ego deeper down this dark path and I strayed even further.

Waking up today was terrifying. When I opened my eyes, I saw how far down the path I had wandered and realized it wasn't just a bad dream. I have a long journey ahead of me to get back to where I was before I diverted from my path.  It will take me time but I will find my way home; I can finally see the light.

No comments: